And I am back…food blogging. Here is another great dairy free meal that is super easy to make and leaves your house smelling fabulous when you get home from work. It has chicken, potatoes, and vegetables so all you have to do is serve!
Dairy Free Slow Cooker Rotisserie Chicken
1 whole rotisserie chicken
3 celery stalks – chopped
1/2 bag of baby carrots – chopped
6-8 red potatoes cleaned with the skin on and chopped into quarters
3 cloves of garlic
1 small onion – chopped
1 can chicken broth
2 tablespoons soy butter
2 tablespoons rotisserie chicken seasoning
salt and pepper
- Put garlic, celery, onion and carrots. and potatoes into the bottom of the crock pot.
- Add the can of chicken broth and mix well.
- Take the chicken out of the package and rub with the rotisserie chicken seasoning. I used Wildtree’s version, but you can use anything you want.
- Place chicken on top of the vegetables and pour melted butter over it. I used soy butter in the recipe to make it lactose free, but you can use regular butter if you don’t need it to be. Sprinkle a little garlic and onion powder on top along with salt and pepper for a little extra flavor.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 hours.
That’s it! One of my favorite things to make because it is so super easy! The only challenge is actually getting up early enough to do this….but it’s actually not that bad. There’s only a little bit of chopping involved. Good stuff!